The new PureThermal Mini Pro JST-SR with Thermal by FLIR® is a hackable thermal camera for the FLIR Lepton® thermal imaging camera core. Just like its PureThermal 2 predecessor, it ships pre-configured to operate as a plug-and-play UVC 1.0 USB thermal webcam that will work with standard webcam and video apps on all major platforms using a JST-SR to USB Cable, or your own custom cabel. For developers, its reference firmware and viewer software are open source. The FLIR Lepton is required for operation of PureThermal Mini Pro JST-SR (PTMPJST) but is not included by default with purchase. Get PTMini Now.
- Compatible with all production FLIR Leptons, including radiometric 2.5 and 3.5 cores
- 9 Hz color video over usb using the USB UVC class
- STM32F412 ARM microprocessor - execute on-board image processing without need for an external system
- Open source reference firmware: GroupGets PureThermal Github
- Works with GetThermal - our custom open source thermal video display software for macOS and Linux with radiometric support
- DFU over USB using a JST-SR port to USB cable, or a modified USB cable and the through holes.
- Four mounting holes
- Compact form-factor ready to be embedded into production systems
- Want a customized version? Feature request? Bug to report? Contact us
- I'm ready to buy!
Firmware & Software
Related Products, Accessories, and External Links
Use GetThermal to Control and View any Lepton With PTMini on macOS & Linux via USB
Q. Which Lepton thermal imagers is this board compatible with?
A. This board is compatible with all production FLIR Leptons. We recommend the radiometric Lepton 3.5 for use with the PureThermal Mini line for professional thermal imaging applications.
Q. Which apps work with PureThermal Mini Pro on various platforms?
A. While not comprehensive, the short list below should get you started on your favorite platform:
- Linux: VLC Media Player, gstreamer, Guvcview
- macOS: VLC Media Player, Facetime, iChat
- Windows: yawcam (recommended), VLC Media Player, OpenBroadcastSoftware
- Android: UVCCamera (your mileage may vary)
Q. Where can I get the software to develop for this board?
A. We have been using compilers found at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded and more information and resources are available ST's STM32 software resources page.
Q. Is there is an IDE for modifying code, compiling, debugging?
A. Any environment that works with the STM32 platform (and its various discovery/evaluation boards) will work, including, but not limited, to MDK-ARM, EWARM, TrueStudio, etc. The reference firmware includes a project to import into System Workbench for STM32 in Eclipse which is free and supports the entire compiling and debugging workflow.
- All international customers that are ordering any Thermal Imaging Camera will be required to fill out an End Use Statement document before shipment. Once you place your order we will email you with the document within one business day.
- Important information for customers in Russia. Due to recent US regulations we are no longer able to ship FLIR thermal camera cores to these countries/territories. Any orders containing these products from these countries will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- We can only ship this product with a Lepton to North America, Australia, and the European Union Countries. Any orders for this product with a Lepton placed in a country other than those will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.