The radiometric-capable FLIR Lepton 2.5 is a long-wave infrared (LWIR) thermal imaging core that builds upon its non-radiometric 2.0 predecessors. Lepton 2.5 can output a factory-calibrated temperature value for all 4800 pixels in a frame irrespective of the camera temperature with an accuracy of +/-5˚C. Developers have long sought this feature and until now have had to go through very arduous computing and physical processes to make Lepton 2.0 adequately radiometric. With Lepton 2.5, radiometry just works out of the box.
Just like Lepton 2.0, the 2.5 core has a resolution of 80x60 pixels in an 8.5 x 11.7 x 5.6 mm package - it will fit into the same socket as Lepton 2.0 and existing Lepton 2.0 hardware will support 2.5 but firmware will likely need updating to utilize radiometry. As with Lepton 2.0, the 2.5's frame rate is 9 Hz with a spectral response wavelength range of 8 - 14 microns (nominal). It can be purchased for under $200 in single quantities. Looking for more pixels?
NOTE, the new Lepton 3.5 is now available with twice the resolution as the 2.5 core, an extended operating temperature range, and a larger scene dynamic range. We therefore recommend it for new designs.
Try our new GetThermal GUI App to command and control any Lepton using a PureThermal X on macOS & Linux
- Thermal sensitivity <50 mK
- Spectral Response: 8 - 14 microns (nominal) Long Wave Infrared (LWIR)
- Resolution: 80h x 60v pixels
- Pixel Size: 17 micrometers
- Frame Rate: 9 Hz.
- Output Format: User-selectable 14-bit, 8-bit (AGC applied), or 24-bit RGB (AGC and colorization applied)
- Horizontal Field of View (HFOV): 51°
- Size: 8.5 x 11.7 x 5.6 mm
- Required Digital Interfaces: I2C for command and control register get/set, SPI for image frame grab
- Required System Voltages: 1.2 V Core, 2.8 V Sensor, I/O tolerant from 2.5 V to 3.1 V
- Power Consumption: 150 mW typical, 650 mW during shutter event
- Get it Now!
50 degree Lepton DOF/Distance test
Essential Resources for the Radiometric 50° FLIR Lepton 2.5
Consumer Products Powered by Lepton
- The PureThermal 1/2 with Radiometric FLIR Lepton 3.5 requires specialized software to show radiometry such as GetThermal.
- All international customers that are ordering any Thermal Imaging Camera will be required to fill out an End Use Statement document before shipment. Once you place your order we will email you with the document within one business day.
- Important information for customers in Russia. Due to recent US regulations we are no longer able to ship FLIR thermal camera cores to these countries/territories. Any orders containing these products from these countries will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- We can only ship this product with a Lepton to North America, Australia, and the European Union Countries. Any orders for this product with a Lepton placed in a country other than those will be canceled and refunded. We are sorry for the inconvenience.