Developed for NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), this 3D-printed case for the FLIR Boson 640 LWIR camera is a lightweight and low-cost solution to protect the camera on Earth and beyond. The case comes with two replaceable plastic windows and has 1/4-20 tripod threads on opposing sides of the case. Not waterproof.
The Outer FLIR Boson Case is an add on to the inner part of the case. It is is meant to add additional small impact resistance. Has 1/4-20 tripod threads on opposing sides of the case. Not waterproof.
The inner case does not require the outer case.
The outer case requires the inner case.
- Boson 640: 18° (24.4mm)
- Boson 640: 24° (18mm)
- Boson 640: 32° (14mm)
- Boson 640: 50° (8.7mm)
- Boson 640: 95° (4.9mm)
Inner Case Dimensions
- 88.2mm Deep -- 3.47"
- 63.7mm Tall -- 2.50"
- 52.8mm Wide --2.07"
Outer Case Dimensions
- 92.2mm Deep -- 3.62"
- 91.3mm Tall -- 3.59"
- 84.8mm Wide --3.33"
- Inner with foam -- 4oz
- Outer with foam -- 6oz
Plastic Window Specifications
- Shore Hardness: D60-70
- Substrate: Polymer Film
- Type: Protective Window
- Wavelength Range (nm): 8000 - 14000
- Young's Modulus (GPa): 0.40 - 1.24
- Effect of Sunlight: None to Slight
- Effect of Ultraviolet: UV Stabilized
- Effect of Weak Acids: Very Little
- Effect of Strong Acids: Attacked by Oxidizing Acids
- Effect of Weak Alkalies: Very Little
- Effect of Strong Alkalies: Very Little
- Effect of Organic Solvents: Little below 60°C (140°F)