The DroneThermal Micro UAV breakout board for the FLIR Lepton thermal imagers is designed to output PAL or NTSC analog thermal video from the Lepton instead of its standard digital output.
Standard video output is much more convenient to work with UAV transmitters.
The board measures 20 x 20 x15 millimeters and features a simple 3 wire output connection (V+,Ground, Video Out).
Below is FPV (First Person View) video from the DroneThermal attatched to our drone and transmitted to the ground.
This breakout board is compatible with the 25° ,50°, and 50° shuttered FLIR leptons, all of which are available here at GroupGets. The 25° Lepton is recommended by the creators for UAV use.
- Weighs only 3 grams including lepton.
- Compact size, only 20mm x 20mm x 15mm.
- 3 wire simple output connection for FPV (V+,Ground, Video Out)
- Supports 3.3V - 5V supply voltage
- 25Hz standard 625 lines PAL Signal or
- 30Hz standard 525 lines NTSC (selectable)
- <9Hz Thermal image refresh rate (Maximum rate of Lepton)
- 80x60pixel full thermal resolution of LEPTON cameras
- Smooth 8 bit grayscale image
- Automatic temperature gain control
- Selectable Color Maps for different usages.
- Single button interface for modes and FFC
- 3.3v TTL Serial port for firmware update & future applications
- External input for remote controlled mode selection
- FFC (flat field correction)
- White to Black (Coolest object is white, hottest one is black)
- Black to White (Coolest object is black, hottest one is white)
- Find Hot Spots (Ignore cool objects and mark hot ones)(Life detection for SAR applications)
- Find Cool Spots (Ignore hot objects and mark cool ones)(Building Isolation Control)