Schedule B and Harmonized System (HS) numbers relate to the export of
- Schedule B numbers are administered and used by the U.S.
Commerce Department, Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division to collect
and publish the U.S. export statistics.
- The HS is an international product classification protocol
used by customs officials for levying tariffs and controlling quotas on
Exporters need to know their product’s Schedule B and HS numbers for
the following reasons:
- To determine applicable import tariff rates and whether a
product qualifies for a preferential tariff under a Free Trade
- To file the Electronic Export Information in the Automated
Export System (AES); and
- To complete shipping documents, such as certificates of
Keywords: Boson, Tau2, Quark2