PureThermal 2 is a hackable thermal webcam for the FLIR Lepton (2.x - 3.x) LWIR camera core. It is the result of lisetining to our thousands of PureThermal 1 users and giving them what they want: four mounting holes, pads for optional EM shielding, less complex circuitry, and perhaps best of all, USB DFU. That's right, a JTAG breakout board will no longer be required to update PureThermal 2. This is a development kit ready to be embedded into a production system.
PT2 is an evolutionary design over PureThermal 1:
- STM32F412 ARM microprocessor. Execute on-board image processing without the need for an external system or SBC
- USB UVC works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android
- Open source reference firmware is on the GroupGets Github
- Open source reference image viewer software for Linux and macOS
- Powered by USB micro-B cable
- Device Firmware Updates (DFU) over USB
- Electromagnetic Shielding pads on top and bottom
Admittedly we screwed up and made the boards green instead of blue. Rather than wastefully scrap the lot, we're going to offer a small batch at a discount here. The boards are already produced and validated on Lepton 2.x and 3.x. The next rev of the board will only have a color/silkscreen change. This campaign has no minimum order quantity and will expire on Feb 28 at 11:55 PM PST.
We've been quietly working on the design for awhile and rest assured, we stuck with the same STM32F4 MCU so yours and our existing firmware will easily port.
Stay tuned to this campaign for firmware updates, a new PT2 landing page link, and demo videos.