The Panasonic "Grid-EYE" is an 8x8 pixel thermal infrared camera core with a digital I2C output for thermal presence, direction, and temperature values. The built-in lens includes a 60˚ viewing angle. The package is a compact SMD design using MEMS thermopile technology.
Applications for this sensor can include: digital signage, security, lighting control, kiosk / ATM, medical imaging, automatic doors, thermal mapping, people counting, robotics, and others.
Breakout Board Features
* Panasonic AMG8833 Sensor
* Pinout compatible with Arduino Zero and other 3.3V Arduino compatible pinouts such as the ST NUCLEO
* Direct Pass through of the I2C lines and INT.
* On board regulator handles Voltage Input of 3-5 V
* Optional ON/OFF power control through the PCB edge connectors for low power applications
* Compatible with PUREmodules and the Modular Sensor Architecture
GitHub Source Code
Pure Engineering Product Page