The 900MHz Explorer board is an adapter board for the the Intel Edison development board. The Explorer board can communicate over sub 1-GHz frequencies using digital modes, allowing you to collect data from (and control) the wireless devices around you. Since the Edison runs Linux, you can write your RF software in any language you want. Our fully featured Python libraries will get you started quickly, and we support common Open Source rf libraries such as rfcat.
The Explorer board is fully open-source, and we're actively building out our example projects. We're making it easy to connect to the 900MHz devices you already have, like Z-Wave, sub-1GHz Zigbee, and custom protocols.
Boards will ship in January 2017.
- Use rfcat to detect nearby 868MHz/915MHz devices and interact with them
- Create a Bluetooth to 915MHz bridge that fits in your pocket
- Send text over the 900MHz band, without cellular service
- Communicate with Z-Wave devices
- Create a 900MHz Zigbee to WiFi adapter
- Read data off of wearable health and fitness monitors
- General purpose ISM band transceiver
- 915MHz US ISM and 868MHz EU License Exempt
- Versatile wireless development board for prototyping
- Up to 10dBm output power (10 mW)
- Receive sensitivity as low as -110dBm
- Up to 500kBaud data rate
- On board trace antenna
- UMCC antenna connector for external power amplifier and/or antenna
- Usable with Intel Edison or stand-alone
- Includes USB Host and UART ports for Edison
- Intel Edison Library controls frequency, transmission control, communications protocol and more
- On-board LiPo battery charger
- Open hardware design
Intel Edison Software Library: https://github.com/EnhancedRadioDevices/915MHzEdisonExplorer_SW
rfcat port: https://github.com/EnhancedRadioDevices/rfcat
CC111x Firmware: https://github.com/EnhancedRadioDevices/subg_rfspy
Open Hardware Design Files: https://github.com/EnhancedRadioDevices/915MHzEdisonExplorer
(Intel Edison Module not included)
This board has sparked amazing interest during our Early Access program. We have worked out all of the bugs, and are already to take this product to market. We need your support to help finance a manufacturing run to reduce costs and make the 900MHz Explorer Board available to everybody!