Panasonic Grid-EYE is an 8x8 (64) pixel infrared( thermal ) array / camera sensor. This sensor offers digital output (I2C) for thermal presence, direction, and temperature values. The built-in lens includes a 60 degree viewing angle. Grid-EYE features compact SMD design using MEMS thermopile technology.
Applications for this sensor can include: digital signage, security, lighting control, kiosk / ATM, medical imaging, automatic doors, thermal mapping, people counting, robotics, and others.
What makes it special?
Breakout Board features
- Uses the AMG8833 part.
- Pinout compatible with Arduino Zero and other 3.3V Arduino compatible Pinout , such as the ST NUCLEO $12 boards.
- Direct Pass through of the I2C lines, INT.
- On board regulator handles Voltage Input of 3-5 V
- Optional ON/OFF power control through the PCB edge connectors for low power applications.
- Compatible with PUREmodules and the Modular Sensor Architecture
GitHub Source Code
Pure Engineering Product Page