PRUDAQ is a fully open source 40MSPS Data Acquisition (DAQ) cape for the BeagleBone Black or Green designed by Jason Holt and his team at Google Research with a software collaboration from the BeagleLogic creator, Kumar Abhishek. For those who may not have all of the pieces in place to get started with PRUDAQ, we created this special starter bundle to quickly get sampling with. Please note that this is not an OFFICIAL Google product.
Definitely visit Google's comprehensive PRUDAQ Wiki to get the full specifications and development guidance. Our PRUDAQ page also has more information and will continue to be updated. If you haven't seen the Google Research blog post by Jason Holt about the inspiration behind this board, we highly recommend it.
- Dual-channel simultaneously-sampled 10-bit ADC
- Up to 20MSPS per channel (40MSPS total) theoretical
- 0-2V input voltage range (DC coupled)
- 4:1 analog switches in front of each channel provide a total of 8 single-ended analog inputs.
- SMA jacks for direct access to the 2 ADC channels
- Flexible clock options
- External input via SMA jack
- Internal onboard 10MHz oscillator
- Programmable clock from BeagleBone GPIO pins
- Included BeagleLogic Software Integration pre-loaded on a Samsung 16GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC Card
- Included Samsung 64 GB USB 3.0 drive (MUF-64BB/AM) for storage of samples - battle-tested amongst many for best performance.
- Fully exposed BeagleBone headers on top to connect/stack more electronics or another cape
- BeagleBone Black Rev C
- USB powered
- 100% Open source hardware and software
The Google sample application software is not pre-installed. Users must download and install the latest PRUDAQ software from its GitHub Repo. The BeagleLogic application is however pre-installed on the micro SD card.
Unique to this first round, Kumar would like to extend a 10% discount off of the purchase of the next-gen BeagleLogic board when it is available. Instructions on how to redeem the discount will be sent at that time.
This item and some of its accessories are available in the GroupGets Store with a shorter lead time.
Please see our FAQ section on how our billing process works before pledging.